10 Self-Love Tips for February
How much time do you spend appreciating yourself every day? Whether you remind yourself that you’re awesome every day, or your inner ego could use a boost- these ten self-love tips will be sure to spark some smiles and happy sighs during your Self-Loving February.
- This is a fun trick that should be used all year long: Use dry-erase markers to draw hearts (or flowers or antlers) around your face in the mirror. Every morning, you’ll be greeted with fun and creativity. Just try not to smile back at that heart-rimmed face (we bet you can’t).
- Spend some time with an animal- their unconditional love, cuddles and cold noses will perk your “happy hormones” (serotonin, prolactin and oxytocin) and who wouldn’t want that? Plus, if you don’t have your own pet, it’s a great excuse to get together with a pet-owning friend at the same time.
- After getting your “Good Morning” boost from doodling on your mirror, go on a 2-hour reflection fast. No looking at yourself in mirrors, shop windows, car windows, sides of buildings, your black phone screen, or anything else shiny. As soon as you stop focusing on how you look, you’ll be able to think more about how you feel. And you feel good today. Go here to get some inspiration from a lady who really took this idea to the next level.
- Buy yourself a treat. Maybe it’s a fresh fruit smoothie from your local organic juice bar or a decadent slice of your favorite cake. Maybe it’s a top you spied last week and have been debating whether you, “really need it or not…” We arent suggesting you spend your savings with wild abandon, but allowing yourself to have a good indulgence now and then helps keep you satisfied and fulfilled. After all, what fun is a life full of denial?
- Find yourself an essential oil lavender spray and spritz it on your pillow. Having a calming, comforting smell when you lay down will help remind you to relax and feel more at ease. Breathe in, breathe out.
- Commit a RAK- If you don’t know what that is still, it’s a, “Random Act of Kindness.” Yes, we know this is a list of, “self-love” not, “other-love,” but how good does it feel when you boost the quality of someone else’s day? Send a thoughtful note, pay for a stranger’s coffee or go out of your way to help someone at work today. Not only will you both feel better, but you’ll be banking up good karma along the way.
- Make a list of things you’ve been meaning to do over the last month. Do one of them.
- Make a list of new restaurants/ice cream shops/cafes you’ve been meaning to check out over the last month. Go to one of them.
- We all know this is usually known as the, “Month Of Love,” but what else can we feel great about celebrating in February? Find another great holiday to put on your calendar this month, such as: National Make a New Friend Day on the 11th, or Floral Design/Public Sleeping Day on the 28th.
- Get outside. The more fresh air you breath, the more you get your muscles moving and the more rays of natural sunlight you can catch- the better. Nothing improves a mood more than getting outside and being amazed at what your body can do for you.